Friday, August 13, 2010

Pretend the door actually exists...

My office doesn't have a door. No, I didn't Hulk out and tear it down, and it didn't fall off the hinges. It never existed. Don't ask me why; it's just the way it was built. But my lack of a door is not an invitation to come into my office whenever you please. In case you haven't been able to tell, I am grumpy. A lot (see title of this blog). And I am even more grumpy at work because of some of the idiotic things I have to deal with. So it's beyond me why anyone - outside of the people I'm actually friends with at work - would want to come and talk to me. Is it the scowl on my face, or my office being in general disarray that invites people in and makes them want to tell me about their uneventful drive home? Maybe it's my refusal to acknowledge the person standing in my office that tells that person, "I should tell her about the dress I helped pick out for my son's girlfriend!" Maybe it's my being on the phone, literally talking to someone, that gives a person the unrelenting urge to come to my office and start asking me why they haven't seen me all day. It might be because I've been in my office, doing work. What a novel idea!

What more can I do to show someone that they're an unwelcome interruption in my day?? Next time, I'm just going to them to get the hell out of my office.

No comments: