Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I need ginko biloba

Memory is important for a lot of things. You need it to graduate school, remember important moments, get through the day and function as a normal human being. But most importantly, it should be used to remember disappointing meals.

A few weeks ago, I bought a frozen dinner that looked delicious on the box. I took it home, followed all the preparation directions, and was all excited about eating it. Bite #1 totally fell flat. Well, maybe I didn't put enough gravy or potatoes on that bite... Bite #2: equally disappointing. Well, luckily my sister is the human equivalent of a goat, so she'll eat just about anything. She finished off that meal for me. Awesome.

Today, I went to the grocery store to pick up some things and grab some lunch. I went to the frozen food aisle, picked up a meal that looked delicious on the box, and brought it back to work. "Sweet," I thought, "a nice, hot meal for this cold day..." Well, I opened the box, and the packaging and preparation directions seemed eerily familiar to me. Yeah, you guessed it. I bought that same disappointing meal that I couldn't bring myself to finish all those weeks ago. Unfortunately for me, we're in a recession (and even if the country technically isn't, I sure as hell am), and it's no time to waste food. Also, my goat-sister isn't here, so guess what... I'm chokin' that bad boy down like my life depended on it.

Marie Callendar's Country Fried Steak with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Glazed Carrots.
Please don't let me buy it again.

No comments: