Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yo Voté!!!

So I voted yesterday, and look what happened! We have a half white, half Kenyan, with an Indonesian stepfather in office! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!

And yes, I'm happy. Obviously. As I said weeks before, I knew who I was going to be voting for pretty early in the campaign, and I am a registered democrat.

But honestly, regardless of who you voted for, however you feel about the results, you should be proud to have been around for this moment in history. I was born in 1981, and I can't really remember an historical moment (a POSITIVE historical moment) like this in my lifetime. And this is monumental. I just hope that we can all drop our partisan attitudes to unify this country and pull it out of the mess it's in.

If you voted yesterday, GOOD FOR YOU! You helped make history!

No comments: