Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm old

I was just talking to Nick about how my new nephew doesn't know how to laugh yet, and my mind jumped to why we always feel the need to tickle children. Then I thought about how, when I am tickled now, I just feel like beating up whoever it is that's tickling me so that he/she will stop.

So when did tickling become un-funny to me? Whenever you tickle kids (or at least all the kids I know), they ALWAYS laugh. When did I stop laughing at being tickled? Now if you tickle me, I'll still giggle, but I'm just likely to slap you. Not in a malicious way, mind you... just to get you to stop. It's almost instinctive. Maybe not a slap. Sometimes a punch. Or a kick, depending on whether I'm sitting or standing.

Anyway, that's my thought for the day. Stupid, I know.

No comments: