Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pandora Rocks!... but I wish it could read my mind.

So I listen to Pandora at work, and I love it. Sure, maybe I'm not supposed to be streaming radio or whatever else here, but they haven't blocked it yet and I'm sick of the commercials on the radio, so I use it. The only problem I initially had with Pandora is that, you put in your favorite artist or song, and it creates a "channel" of songs and artists that are similar so that you always hear something you like. Sounds great, except that I have really eclectic taste in music. I'll pretty much listen to anything (and I mean, ANYTHING) except country music. So I ended up creating, like, 6 different channels to address all of my moods. Well, I finally found the button that says "QuickMix," which plays a mix of all of your created channels. Yeah, it was right there in front of my face. I never said I was a genius.

Anyway, I will admit that I love a lot of 80s music and adult contemporary stuff... so I created a "Phil Collins" channel because I love him. That particular channel always pleases me with it's mix of Phil Collins, Sting, Simply Red, and many others. Sadly (and you can take the word "sad" for all it's possible meanings here), I've been waiting for them to pull out some Rick Astley and I haven't been getting it. I know, I know. Rick Astley isn't anything special. I think he had, maybe, 3 hits back in the day. But I guess I've just been waiting to hear that mediocre 80s pop. I wonder what it would come up with if I created a Rick Astley channel... Hmmmm... To Be Continued.

No comments: