Sunday, August 10, 2008

What's the deal???

I will admit that I am geriatric in several ways. Sure, my hip clicks when I walk sometimes... and I knit... and I bake cookies... and I look forward to trips to Pennsylvania Dutch Country. But physically, I AM a young woman, most people will admit that I look years younger than I really am (I'm well over 21 and I've been carded at rated R movies before). However, it's become quite obvious to me over the past year that old men LOVE ME. I mean, they LOVE me. I'll give you 3 prime examples.

Exhibit A: I was at a bar one night, and there were these 2 old men there... When I say "old," I mean over the age of 65. I suppose they were regulars. The waitresses seemed to know them. Anyway, they BOTH hit on me at some point during the night, asking me to dance, dancing around me, etc. I didn't score AT ALL with any men remotely close to my age... just the old guys.

Exhibit B: I'm not too proud to say I did a stint on Match.com. Well part of the reason I terminated my membership was because most of the men "winking" at me were of age 45 or older. Really? WTF?

Exhibit C: I went to the Redskins' preseason game today, and upon arrival, some guy was literally YELLING down to me from the 200 level, telling me that he loves beautiful women who are Redskins fans and that I should come up to his skybox and everything will be on him... and that he had a friend for my friend. He continued the yelling for a few minutes, I suppose to try and convince me to come up, and then finished by saying, "Ask me who I am!" I have no idea what that was supposed to mean, but he was no one I recognized. And even if he were, that is really no way to address a woman.

In addition to this, I've been leered at at bars, on the street, at the store, at the movies, etc., all by men who are considerably older than me... or who at least LOOK considerably older than me. And as I apparently look like a teenager to most people, wouldn't that make these men, like, pedophiles for ogling a girl who appears so young? What is wrong with guys my age? Am I not releasing the right pheromones? I mean, really now... I'm starting to think that my lot in life IS to have a sugar daddy. Maybe I should embrace my destiny... LOL.

No comments: